Tuesday, 9 August 2011

The Y Not Festival

I enjoyed an exceptionally good three days at the Y Not Festival in the deepest recesses of Derbyshire over the past weekend. The glorious surroundings of the Peak District played home to the six-year-old event, which now sees 5,000 festival-goers descend on a field not far from Matlock. It was the first time I had attended Y Not and the first small festival I had been too also, so I was in for the most pleasant surprise when I discovered it had all the positives of the larger festivals and none of the downsides.


You can read my review here, at www.creativeboom.co.uk, who were kindly enough to send me along to discover what the Y Not had to offer.


Below is a picture of me and the team of miscreants I dare to call friends, all of whom helped to make the weekend one to remember. (Two are missing from the photo unfortunately, as they didn't turn up until later in the day.)